Mice and Rats
Mice and rats are easily confused because a young rat can bare a striking resemblance to a full-grown mouse. How can you tell which pest is present?
Identifying Mice and Rats
The best way to determine a pest problem is through the professional aid of a qualified technician. Northeast Pest Control can help you do just that with an on-site inspection. Here are some identifying factors of mice and rats that we see often:
- Small and round at about 2-3” Light brown to black
- Leave behind small droppings, pointed at both ends
- Gnaw and chew on furniture, plastic, and cardboard
- Produce dime-sized gnawed holes
- Small and stocky at about 4-6”
- Brown to blackish-brown
- Commonly mistaken for moles
- Can seriously damage lawns and gardens
- Leave shallow runways that crisscross
- Long body at 10-12” including tail
- Brown, gray, or black
- Nocturnal; seeing one during the day may signal a major infestation
- Leave capsule-shaped droppings
- Leave chew marks on food, power cords, and utility lines
- Long body at 16” including tail
- Love to climb
- Live in high buildings
- Leave capsule-shaped dropping and gnaw marks
Treat – Protect – Control
If our technician finds any form of pesky wildlife, we will create a personalized package just for your home and needs. We specialize in removing, treating, and pest proofing. From solving your current pest problem to helping prevent a future one, you’re in great hands with Northeast Pest Control.
Are Mice & Rats Invading Your Home?
Life is too short to worry about the damage and disease mice and rats can bring into your home. Your home is your castle and we can help you protect it.
YOU WANT MICE & RATS TO STAY OUTSIDE
So Do We.
8,000+ Pest Free Homes
20,000+ Happy Customers
40 Years of Local & Family Owned Service
It’s Easy To Live
We offer both phone and in-person evaluations to identify the best course of action to solve your pest problem.
We strive for a same day service or at your earliest convinience.
Live pest free
Our pest prevention plans give our customers the peace of mind that keeps pests out!
It’s Easy To Live Pest Free
Live pest free
What Our Customers Say
Northeast is wonderful…they have someone out as soon as possible to check the situation. They’re diligent, they’re reasonable. The people are friendly and they clean up.
I can’t say enough good things about them.
Having a trusted service provider makes things so much easier. I know that they’re going to be there. I know that they are going to show when they are supposed to. I know that they are going to make sure they take care of the problem for me.